On this week’s episode of Inside the Media Minds, our host Christine Blake spoke with Iain Thomson, US News Editor at The Register, a global enterprise technology news publication.
Iain’s passion for journalism began early when he first shadowed a journalist at 11 years old. Since then, he has established an impressive background covering technology for well-known publications, including The Register, a position he has held for the past nine years.
From writing his first article on the word “multimedia,” to wearing pajama bottoms while working from home, listen to this fun and candid episode to hear more on:
- Iain’s perspective on remote security conferences like DEF CON, Black Hat and BSides
- The differences between British and American journalism
- What makes a story different for The Register and the types of topics Iain likes to cover the most
- How journalism has evolved over the years to a 24/7 news cycle
- PR tactics in the age of online journalism
- The shifts Iain and The Register have implemented to adjust to a complete remote working environment
For more inside scoop on the media minds, listen below and tweet us @MediaMindsShow to share your thoughts on the episode.